Shake Shack shared a step-by-step tutorial to make their iconic cheese sauce in their Shake Shack at Your Shack series.
To recreate it entirely, you’ll need American cheese, cheddar cheese, canola oil, white wine vinegar, jalapeño, onion, salt, peppercorns, heavy cream, and white wine.
- Grease a pan with canola oil.
- Sauté onions, jalapeño, peppercorns, and salt.
- Once the onions are translucent, add in white wine vinegar and white wine.
- Wait for that to reduce down, add in the heavy cream.
- Turn off the heat, and let all those ingredients steep together for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the cream to separate it from the solid ingredients.
- Put it back in the pan and bring to a light boil before whisking in the cheeses.
The finished product is that creamy cheese sauce you love to dip your crinkle fries in with your Shake Shack meal, so looks like I’ll be putting this on everything for the next few weeks. Don’t judge me!
Our new cooking-along series, Shake Shack at Your Shack, is here! In our first episode, our Culinary Director is teaching you how to make our classic cheese sauce at home. Trust us… you’ll want to drizzle this fan favorite on everything! #ShakeShack #AtYourShack pic.twitter.com/yNqmRdXMOI
— SHAKE SHACK (@shakeshack) May 11, 2020